Nobody want’s to become a nobody. For people who want to become promo models, you definitely want to be somebody. But in order to attain that goal, you must first have certain traits to become successful. We have listed down the top habits of successful promo models.
- Do your due homework – You must always be ready when doing promo work. What good are you as a promo model when you know nothing about the company you are going to represent? Nothing bums a customer more than a promo model that knows nothing.
- Do some planning – Being a promo model is not just about being pretty and smiling a lot. Make sure you plan for your gig. You don’t want to arrive unprepared. For example, when working under the sun you have to prepare sunscreen and the proper clothes.
- Be early – Ensure that you allot enough time for “mishaps” on your trip to your gig. Being late is a big no-no for promo models. Remember that you are the star of the show so the show can’t really start without you.
- Be professional – Just because you think the job of a promo model is fun doesn’t mean you don’t have to be a professional. Be reliable, honest, and respectful at all times. Helping the client and his customers should be your top priority at all times.
- Relax – Last thing you have to remember is that you have fun at all times. People will recognize it if you are not happy with what you are doing and it will radiate to them. Be that ray of sunshine in the event.